Saturday, April 19, 2008

Another country, another world...


"China isn't a country. It's another world." This was the first sentence that jumped into my eyes when I opened Fydor's China guide book.

But the same can be said about America - especially from the POV of those, like me, who are actually from the "other world" - China.

One life time, two decisively different worlds. This may summarize the story of my life. Yet as time goes by, I begin to see more and more similarities in these two universes. I'm not living in two secluded pieces of land. I'm more or less living in between the two worlds.

Is this because of globalization, or simply of the fact that the citizens of both America and China are the same human beings that whatever mighty force has created?

I'd like to find out more...

No comments: